Saturday, June 20, 2015

Georgia On My Mind



How much do you know about Georgia?  I sure don't know squat, and I thought I did, having lived most of my adult years in this lovely state. If you know me, you know I am a house freak, always thinking I should sell my house in Decatur and move. I sneak old houses into my writing. I spend my life on Zillow. Last October, Florida was my destination, and my house was listed for sale for thirty days. Then I realized a new hip joint was in my future, not a new home.  That turned out to be good news. Kept me in Georgia, where I belong! I have started my search again - that perfect little farmhouse on an acre of land, an hour outside of metro Atlanta.  With my pack of hounds I have to find a place that would welcome us and a bit of land for peace and quiet, but not too quiet. I am a mixed up city gal who wants dogs, hens, and goats, but likes to pop into my favorite spots for dinner with friends within five minutes of my house. Go figure.

In doing my research on where to live in Georgia I have discovered wonderful towns, histories of places I never knew existed, and I want to know more! So, what better way for me to do that - start a new blog. One of my favorite things to do when not petting dogs, eating out, or trolling on the web for real estate.

But it's not just about me. It's about you, too.  Let's discover more about Georgia together!  Georgia writers, let me hear from you! A guest post is most welcomed.  Not an official 'writer', never mind, if you have some information bring it on. Check the tab above on how to contact me for your post.

As for me, my dream houses will be on these pages. If I don't find the perfect house in Georgia, perhaps you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment